Astronomy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» NASA Invites Students to Name Moon-Bound Spacecraft
can anyone recommend dark camping spots?? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:18 pm by AstroJunkie

» NASA Leads Study of Unprecedented Arctic Ozone Loss
can anyone recommend dark camping spots?? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:17 pm by AstroJunkie

» Electrical Circuit Between Saturn and Enceladus
can anyone recommend dark camping spots?? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:00 am by AstroJunkie

» The Big Bang Theory
can anyone recommend dark camping spots?? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:56 am by AstroJunkie

» subatomic particles breaking the universal speed limit
can anyone recommend dark camping spots?? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:04 am by andy 'astrojunkie'

» Tatooine system found
can anyone recommend dark camping spots?? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 12:36 am by astrolover

» hello
can anyone recommend dark camping spots?? EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 2:53 am by AstroJunkie

» Soyuz undocking
can anyone recommend dark camping spots?? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 11:38 am by AstroJunkie

» NASA’s Kepler Mission Discovers a World Orbiting Two Stars
can anyone recommend dark camping spots?? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 6:26 am by AstroJunkie

Statistics
We have 126 registered users
The newest registered user is bardokall

Our users have posted a total of 1051 messages in 208 subjects

can anyone recommend dark camping spots??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
astrolover

astrolover

can anyone recommend dark camping spots?? Empty
PostSubject: can anyone recommend dark camping spots??   can anyone recommend dark camping spots?? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 4:29 am

Evening everyone!

I am looking at buying myself a 4 man tent and throwing it, myself a crate of beer and my DOB in to my van and buggering off for a night or two as a regular thing as i want to try to to get the best out of my scope and i know i wont be able to do this on a housing estate, so i want to ask you guys if you can recommend any good quiet dark camp spots that you have maybe visited in the UK? i live in Elton in chehsire and drive back and too to bolton evryday for work so im use to driving and dont mind traveling to far if i need to, if you guys have any recommendations or links to websites of camps sites i could look at it would be very much appriciated!!

cheers
mark.
Back to top Go down
TomK

TomK

PostSubject: Re: can anyone recommend dark camping spots??   can anyone recommend dark camping spots?? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 4:40 am

from cheshire i think i would be heading for north wales, google some camp sites and try emailing a few asking how dark the sites are for astro work, could be a nice voyage of discovery
Back to top Go down
Astrotones

PostSubject: Re: can anyone recommend dark camping spots??   can anyone recommend dark camping spots?? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 6:54 am

This may be helpful

http://www.need-less.org.uk/

The Galloway forest park, it's just been given the official dark sky national park title. or anywhere in northern Scotland

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can anyone recommend dark camping spots??   can anyone recommend dark camping spots?? Empty

Back to top Go down

can anyone recommend dark camping spots??
Page 1 of 1