Astronomy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» NASA Invites Students to Name Moon-Bound Spacecraft
Stacking program software question  EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:18 pm by AstroJunkie

» NASA Leads Study of Unprecedented Arctic Ozone Loss
Stacking program software question  EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:17 pm by AstroJunkie

» Electrical Circuit Between Saturn and Enceladus
Stacking program software question  EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:00 am by AstroJunkie

» The Big Bang Theory
Stacking program software question  EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:56 am by AstroJunkie

» subatomic particles breaking the universal speed limit
Stacking program software question  EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:04 am by andy 'astrojunkie'

» Tatooine system found
Stacking program software question  EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 12:36 am by astrolover

» hello
Stacking program software question  EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 2:53 am by AstroJunkie

» Soyuz undocking
Stacking program software question  EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 11:38 am by AstroJunkie

» NASA’s Kepler Mission Discovers a World Orbiting Two Stars
Stacking program software question  EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 6:26 am by AstroJunkie

Statistics
We have 126 registered users
The newest registered user is bardokall

Our users have posted a total of 1051 messages in 208 subjects

Stacking program software question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TomK

TomK

Stacking program software question  Empty
PostSubject: Stacking program software question    Stacking program software question  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:08 am

I was just wanting some advice on a good stacking program to use. I am not really interested in all the other processing tools as I have CS3, Genuine Fractals and Noel's tools. I downloaded the trial version of Maxim DL and do not like it at all. It screws the color of the raw files up really bad. I currently use Registax and it's ok, but I am looking for something a little better.

Hekp would be appreciated
Back to top Go down
gbowskill

PostSubject: Re: Stacking program software question    Stacking program software question  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:09 am

I have AstroArt, MaximDL, CCDStack and ImagesPlus......and some of the free stuff.

If I had only one program for calibration, stacking, noise rejection and combining it would be ImagesPlus. It is the most reasonably priced and does everything very well and is very easy to use
Back to top Go down
scopeman

scopeman

PostSubject: Re: Stacking program software question    Stacking program software question  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:09 am

For free, nothing comes close to Iris for stacking. It is NOT easy to learn, but I still highly recommend it.
Back to top Go down
TomK

TomK

PostSubject: Re: Stacking program software question    Stacking program software question  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:10 am

Thanks for the imput.

A question for you. When I open a file that is 8 bit it opens and looks exactly like it would in photoshop, but when I open a 16 bit or larger file in Maxim it is messed up.
Back to top Go down
gbowskill

PostSubject: Re: Stacking program software question    Stacking program software question  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:11 am

I don't use Maxim, but have it.....bought the full version upgrade when I purchased a new camera...so haven't had time to fuss with it yet. You do have to set some additional parameters...like the initial screen stretch. It looks like it is stretching the initial image at 16 bit, to much.
Back to top Go down
scopeman

scopeman

PostSubject: Re: Stacking program software question    Stacking program software question  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:11 am

MaximDL is a very powerful program once you understand how to use it. When you click save are you unclicking the "auto stretch" box?
Back to top Go down
astrolover

astrolover

PostSubject: Re: Stacking program software question    Stacking program software question  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:12 am

Almost everyone I know who is using a DSLR for imaging is now using ImagesPlus. I never hear any compliants from any of them.
Back to top Go down
TomK

TomK

PostSubject: Re: Stacking program software question    Stacking program software question  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:12 am

scopeman wrote:
MaximDL is a very powerful program once you understand how to use it. When you click save are you unclicking the "auto stretch" box?

The auto stretch is unclicked when I save the file
Back to top Go down
TomK

TomK

PostSubject: Re: Stacking program software question    Stacking program software question  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:13 am

astrolover wrote:
Almost everyone I know who is using a DSLR for imaging is now using ImagesPlus. I never hear any compliants from any of them.

Thank,

As of right now imageplus is what I am looking at the most.
Back to top Go down
Astrotones

PostSubject: Re: Stacking program software question    Stacking program software question  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:25 am

i got the full version of maximDL but dont use it- too many buttons for me- LOL, i think youll like deepskystacker
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stacking program software question    Stacking program software question  Empty

Back to top Go down

Stacking program software question
Page 1 of 1