Astronomy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» NASA Invites Students to Name Moon-Bound Spacecraft
What are the greatest space/science movies ever? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:18 pm by AstroJunkie

» NASA Leads Study of Unprecedented Arctic Ozone Loss
What are the greatest space/science movies ever? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:17 pm by AstroJunkie

» Electrical Circuit Between Saturn and Enceladus
What are the greatest space/science movies ever? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:00 am by AstroJunkie

» The Big Bang Theory
What are the greatest space/science movies ever? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:56 am by AstroJunkie

» subatomic particles breaking the universal speed limit
What are the greatest space/science movies ever? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:04 am by andy 'astrojunkie'

» Tatooine system found
What are the greatest space/science movies ever? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 12:36 am by astrolover

» hello
What are the greatest space/science movies ever? EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 2:53 am by AstroJunkie

» Soyuz undocking
What are the greatest space/science movies ever? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 11:38 am by AstroJunkie

» NASA’s Kepler Mission Discovers a World Orbiting Two Stars
What are the greatest space/science movies ever? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 6:26 am by AstroJunkie

Statistics
We have 126 registered users
The newest registered user is bardokall

Our users have posted a total of 1051 messages in 208 subjects

What are the greatest space/science movies ever?

Go down 
+6
gbowskill
TomK
SkyWatcher
starhopper
jmsholmes
andy 'astrojunkie'
10 posters
AuthorMessage
andy 'astrojunkie'
andy 'astrojunkie'

What are the greatest space/science movies ever? Empty
PostSubject: What are the greatest space/science movies ever?   What are the greatest space/science movies ever? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 6:41 am

I'd say;
Armageddon, Deep Impact, 2010 space odyssey two, Independance day, the alien and predator films, sunshine was good if they actually mentioned the 'q-ball theory' (watch Professor Brian Cox's commentary in the extras), Serenity....anyone else know of any great space/science related movies?
Back to top Go down
jmsholmes

jmsholmes

PostSubject: Re: What are the greatest space/science movies ever?   What are the greatest space/science movies ever? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 8:11 am

I agree with Armageddon.
Brilliant film
Back to top Go down
andy 'astrojunkie'
andy 'astrojunkie'

PostSubject: Re: What are the greatest space/science movies ever?   What are the greatest space/science movies ever? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 8:15 am

Watched it last night, still brilliant Smile
Back to top Go down
starhopper

starhopper

PostSubject: Re: What are the greatest space/science movies ever?   What are the greatest space/science movies ever? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 8:17 am

andy 'astrojunkie' wrote:
I'd say;
Armageddon, Deep Impact, 2010 space odyssey two, Independance day, the alien and predator films, sunshine was good if they actually mentioned the 'q-ball theory' (watch Professor Brian Cox's commentary in the extras), Serenity....anyone else know of any great space/science related movies?

You've named all my favorites right there cheers
Back to top Go down
andy 'astrojunkie'
andy 'astrojunkie'

PostSubject: Re: What are the greatest space/science movies ever?   What are the greatest space/science movies ever? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:12 am

wow really Smile lol they are all really great films, weird how most decent films are older films, nowadays they not as good...
Back to top Go down
SkyWatcher

SkyWatcher

PostSubject: Re: What are the greatest space/science movies ever?   What are the greatest space/science movies ever? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 11:24 pm

5- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
4- Apollo 13
3- Event Horizon
2- close encounters of the third kind
and last
1- spaceballs
Back to top Go down
TomK

TomK

PostSubject: Re: What are the greatest space/science movies ever?   What are the greatest space/science movies ever? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 11:25 pm

1. Star Wars
2. Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan
3. The Empire Strikes Back
4. Alien
5. District 9
Back to top Go down
gbowskill

PostSubject: Re: What are the greatest space/science movies ever?   What are the greatest space/science movies ever? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 11:25 pm

Although they have most of the nuclear physics entirely wrong, and the concept of radio blackout happened at the wrong time too, I still liked "Sunshine." I'm an audioholic and hometheater fanatic, so it does good in both sound and visual aesthetics. Don't forget "Mission to Mars!", and "Contact"
Back to top Go down
Starmonger

PostSubject: Re: What are the greatest space/science movies ever?   What are the greatest space/science movies ever? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 11:26 pm

My personal favorites are:

1 - Alien
2 - Contact
3 - Apollo 13
4 - Close Encounters of the Third Kind
5 - War of the Worlds (2005)

Honorable Mention: Knowing (I liked the concept, just not Nicholas Cage), District 9, The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951 & 2008 for different reasons), and I have always liked the campy 1957 movie Invasion of the Saucer Men (it's funny without intending to be)

Am awaiting the release of Apollo 18!
Back to top Go down
evil_yoda

PostSubject: Re: What are the greatest space/science movies ever?   What are the greatest space/science movies ever? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 11:28 pm

Contact
Apollo 13
Right Stuff
Forbidden Planet
Star Trek: First Contact

Others in a random order: Signs, Wrath of Khan, Aliens & Alien, Silent Running, 2001 APO, Star Wars 4-6, Abyss (if you assume the Aliens came from space)
Back to top Go down
purpleR

PostSubject: Re: What are the greatest space/science movies ever?   What are the greatest space/science movies ever? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 11:28 pm

2001-A Space Odyssey
Apollo 13
The right Stuff
Alien
Star Wars

Kubrick was a GENIUS!
Back to top Go down
Orange Sky

Orange Sky

PostSubject: Re: What are the greatest space/science movies ever?   What are the greatest space/science movies ever? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 11:29 pm

Close encounters of the 3rd kind!
Star Trek (the new one)
Star Trek II Wrath of Khan
2001 A Space Odyssey
Alien
Just a bunch of great stuff, I can think of a bunch more I enjoyed for sure but these seemed to reach deep down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are the greatest space/science movies ever?   What are the greatest space/science movies ever? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are the greatest space/science movies ever?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Astronomy Forum :: The Lounge :: General Chat-
Jump to: