Astronomy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» NASA Invites Students to Name Moon-Bound Spacecraft
Who or what inspired you? why? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:18 pm by AstroJunkie

» NASA Leads Study of Unprecedented Arctic Ozone Loss
Who or what inspired you? why? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:17 pm by AstroJunkie

» Electrical Circuit Between Saturn and Enceladus
Who or what inspired you? why? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:00 am by AstroJunkie

» The Big Bang Theory
Who or what inspired you? why? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:56 am by AstroJunkie

» subatomic particles breaking the universal speed limit
Who or what inspired you? why? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:04 am by andy 'astrojunkie'

» Tatooine system found
Who or what inspired you? why? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 12:36 am by astrolover

» hello
Who or what inspired you? why? EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 2:53 am by AstroJunkie

» Soyuz undocking
Who or what inspired you? why? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 11:38 am by AstroJunkie

» NASA’s Kepler Mission Discovers a World Orbiting Two Stars
Who or what inspired you? why? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 6:26 am by AstroJunkie

Statistics
We have 126 registered users
The newest registered user is bardokall

Our users have posted a total of 1051 messages in 208 subjects

Who or what inspired you? why?

Go down 
+5
reddragon
jmsholmes
astrolover
andy 'astrojunkie'
astro_alan
9 posters
AuthorMessage
astro_alan

astro_alan

Who or what inspired you? why? Empty
PostSubject: Who or what inspired you? why?   Who or what inspired you? why? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 7:06 am

Hi all,

What inspired you to start looking up at the night sky
Back to top Go down
andy 'astrojunkie'
andy 'astrojunkie'

PostSubject: Re: Who or what inspired you? why?   Who or what inspired you? why? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 7:31 am

hi, ive always been interested in astronomy, im not entirely sure what i love most because i love all of it, every side, lately Professor Brian Cox seems to of added fuel to fire for me as i cant really stop thinking or talking about it, i love the fact that every question that gets answered in science three more take its place, i wish the government would make science easier (financially) to pursue, so until that happens il just remain an amateur lol, how about you?
Back to top Go down
astrolover

astrolover

PostSubject: Re: Who or what inspired you? why?   Who or what inspired you? why? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 7:34 am

Patrick Moore what a total ledge

i got a cheapo scope as a nipper for crimbo and a patrick moore book. Also watching him on sky at night and gamesmaster
Back to top Go down
jmsholmes

jmsholmes

PostSubject: Re: Who or what inspired you? why?   Who or what inspired you? why? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 8:11 am

Stephen Hawkings for me a his book "A Brief History of Time" started me off.
Back to top Go down
reddragon

reddragon

PostSubject: Re: Who or what inspired you? why?   Who or what inspired you? why? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 9:15 am

I've always been interested in science and sci-fi, since I was a kid.
Most nights I have looked up at the stars in wonder, since as far back as I can remember.

The thing that tipped me over the edge was the stargazing live program. It just made me think "It's about time you got a telescope", so off I toddled to the shop and purchased my first proper scope in January this year.

I havn't looked back since. I am out in the backyard every night I can be, observing. My only regret is not doing something sooner.
Back to top Go down
AstroJunkie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who or what inspired you? why?   Who or what inspired you? why? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 6:31 am

My dad; he showed me the night sky at a young age. Also got me into meteorology by taking me storm chasing.. kept me on the right route learning-wise, kept me strong and level headed. Gave me many many DVDs on astronomy which I learnt more from. I used to read his Astronomy books when I was young. If it wasn't for him i wouldn't be where i am now that's for sure, he has always been my inspiration and someone to look up to. A very clever man, and my best friend, I would love to follow in his footsteps, we're both so alike. I'm so thankful and proud to have someone like him in my life to keep me in the right direction :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.astrojunkie.com
heatherspacejunkie

heatherspacejunkie

PostSubject: Re: Who or what inspired you? why?   Who or what inspired you? why? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 6:38 am

my grandad he showed me everything to do with the night sky and read books to me and hes teached me alot of stuff also bethany woods aka astrojunkie is my biggist inspiration Ive learnt alot of stuff the past 2weeks that ive been like wooow at Smile
Back to top Go down
Lau-x

Lau-x

PostSubject: Re: Who or what inspired you? why?   Who or what inspired you? why? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 6:49 am

Ive always love stars && planets when i was little i had a telescope and was always out looking at the sky Cool But recently beth has inspired me to start it up again Smile
Back to top Go down
roger

PostSubject: Re: Who or what inspired you? why?   Who or what inspired you? why? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 2:56 pm

My father also inspired me at a young age Smile

And well done Beth keep inspiring others Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who or what inspired you? why?   Who or what inspired you? why? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who or what inspired you? why?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Astronomy Forum :: The Lounge :: General Chat-
Jump to: